Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunshine in Prague



Erin, who visited us in Prague over the holidays (from her much-balmier San Mateo home), is one of us & loves to try out- & create- all sorts of Paleo & Primal recipes.  Happily, it didn’t take much to convince her to share some of her culinary adventures with us.
You’ll notice that this first recipe contains something called “Sunbutter”- not terribly easy to find in Prague.  With that in mind, I set out to find someone who has created a homemade version (because why shouldn’t we be able to make the things we need??).
From Erin:

I tried out the Sunshine Sauce from The Clothes Make the Girl – it’s not quite the thai peanut sauce I was hoping it would be but it was a tasty dipping sauce & I’ll definitely make it again.
2 tablespoons Sunbutter
1 tablespoon lime juice
1/2 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 teaspoon chili-garlic paste
1 teaspoon organic, wheat-free, reduced sodium tamari sauce (I only used 1/2 tsp)
2 tablespoons coconut milk
2 tablespoons water (I used only 1 T, might even leave it out next time for a thicker sauce)
pinch dried ginger
Directions:
1. Blend it all up in a food processor or a blender
2. Enjoy!  I went through a whole crown of broccoli just dipping away…

source:paleodiet.cz

No comments:

Post a Comment